Breast Cancer Resources
We work with these breast cancer charities that have received grants directly from our foundation. If you need help getting in touch with them, please contact us via Facebook messenger. We respond within a few hours.
2018 Grant Recipients
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer 855.807.6386 www.lbbc.org
Provides programs and support to help people whose lives have been impacted by breast cancer. Includes limited financial grants for living expenses.
- CancerCare www.cancercare.org 800.813.HOPE (4673)
Limited financial grants for transportation, homecare, childcare, and pain medications. They also provide counseling, educational workshops and free community programs.
- For 3 Sisters www.f3s.org 301.812.9003
Road to Resource Program A program providing financial, emotional, and resource case management support to men and women affected by breast cancer.
Education, Emotional Support & Advocacy for Cancer Patients
In addition to resources that we help fund, here are some great links that Linda and Bob have (in some cases) used themselves while dealing with their diagnosis. If you have recommendations or would like to be listed, please contact us.
- Metastatic Breast Cancer Network www.mbcn.org 1.888.500.0370 MBCN is a national, independent, nonprofit, all volunteer patient advocacy group dedicated to the unique concerns of the women and men living with metastatic breast cancer.
- The Male Breast Cancer Coalition www.malebreastcancercoalition.org The Male Breast Cancer Coalition (MBCC), a not-for-profit patient advocacy organization. They are on a mission to build awareness of male breast cancer through the wisdom and experiences of survivors.
- BreastCancer.Org www.breastcancer.org 610.642.6550 Is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing the most reliable, complete, and up-to-date information about breast cancer. They also provide comprehensive information about metastatic breast cancer.
- Cancer and Careers www.cancerandcareers.org 646.929.8032 Cancer and Careers empowers and educates people with cancer to thrive in their workplace, by providing expert advice, interactive tools and educational events.
- Gilda’s Club www.cancersupportcommunity.org 888.793.9355 Their mission is to create welcoming communities of free support for everyone living with cancer – men, women, teens and children – along with their families and friends.
- Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act (U.S. Department of Labor) Find information on federal laws requiring insurance coverage of breast reconstruction after mastectomy. Download the PDF
- CaringBridge® www.caringbridge.org 651.789.2300 Offers free personalized Web sites to those wishing to stay in touch with family and friends during significant life events. Their mission is to bring together a global community of care powered by the love of family and friends in an easy, accessible and private way.
- Patient Advocate Foundation www.patientadvocate.org 1.800.532.5274 Patient Advocate Foundation’s Patient Services provides patients with arbitration, mediation and negotiation to settle issues with access to care, medical debt, and job retention related to their illness. PAF case managers serve as active liaisons between the patient and their insurer, employer and/or creditors. You can also search for financial assistance by state in the resource section of their site.
- Patient Resource Cancer Guide www.patientresource.net 800.497.7530 Empowers people who are suffering with life-altering diseases by giving them the most comprehensive and up-to-date guides to treatment and facilities for their disease free of charge.
- Cancer Legal Resource Center (CLRC) cancerlegalresources.org 866.843.2572 The CLRC provides free information and resources on cancer-related legal issues to cancer survivors, caregivers, health care professionals, employers, and others coping with cancer.
- Consumer Affairs Wig Buying Guide
- Triage Cancer triagecancer.org This site is FULL of great information. They are a national, nonprofit organization that provides education on the practical and legal issues that may impact individuals diagnosed with cancer and their caregivers, through events, materials, and resources.
- The Pretty House Studio theprettyhousestudio.com Areola Restoration. Breanna is an experienced PMUA, certified by the world-renowned Daria Chuprys of Beverly Hills, in the art of Permanent Makeup. She has over 200 hours in training, including being Certified in Pigment Color Theory, with hundreds of procedures under her belt.
Financial Assistance for Cancer Patients
- CancerCare Co-Payment Assistance Foundation www.cancercarecopay.org 1.866.552.6729 Provides co-payment assistance for pharmaceutical products to insured individuals who are covered by private insurance, employer-sponsored health plan, or have Medicare Part D or Medicare Advantage. Household income must be at or within 400% US Federal Poverty guidelines for people residing and receiving treatment in the United States or its territories. Must be US citizen or valid resident alien. Offers assistance for breast cancer.
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance (PPA) www.pparx.org 1.888.477.2669 Partnership for Prescription Assistance offers a single point of access to more than 475 public and private patient assistance programs, including more than 150 programs offered by pharmaceutical companies.
- Patient Access Network Foundation www.panfoundation.org 1.866.316.7263 Assists patients who cannot access the treatments they need due to out-of-pocket health care costs including deductibles, co-payments, and co-insurance. Offers assistance for breast cancer.
- Patient Advocate Foundation’s Co-Pay Relief Program www.copays.org 1.866.512.3861 Provides direct co-payment assistance for pharmaceutical products to insured patients (including Medicare Part D beneficiaries) who financially and medically qualify. Offers assistance for breast cancer.
- HealthWell Foundation www.healthwellfoundation.org 1.800.675.8416 Addresses the needs of individuals who cannot afford their insurance co-payments, premiums, co-insurance, or other out of pocket health care costs. Offers assistance for breast cancer.
- NeedyMeds www.needymeds.org 800.503.6897 Find help with the cost of medicine.
- American Cancer Society – Hope Lodge www.cancer.org 800.227.2345 Provides lodging for families during cancer treatment.