The tournament will be a two court set up with junior varsity and varsity participating.
All proceeds from the gate will go to the Side-Out Foundation for cancer research. Northview is also selling shirts for the event and all those proceeds will also be donated to the Side-Out Foundation. The schools will also host a hospitality room for survivors, referees, and coaches. Survivors present at the game will get in free and receive a special treat from the volleyball players.
The Side-Out Foundation funds breast cancer research and support with “cutting-edge clinical trials at renowned medical institutions. . . which has extended the lives of people with Stage 4 breast cancer.” In addition to cancer research, the Side-Out Foundation also provides support services for cancer patients and their families.
Pictured: Ready to “Dig Pink” are Northview volleyball players (L-R) Courtney Grim, Brittanie McLemore, Jamia Newton andd Ashtyn Carnley. Photo for NorthEscambia.com, click to enlarge.
Email Address (will not be published) (required)
Website (enter your own site, if any; not northescambia.com)
Have a comment on this story?
We welcome your comments on this story, but there are some rules to follow::
(1) Be Nice. No comments that slander another, no racism, no sexism, no personal attacks.
(2) No Harrassing Comments. If someone says something bad about you, don’t respond. That’s childish.
(3) No Libel. That’s saying something is not true about someone. Don’t do it.
(4) Keep it clean. Nothing vulgar, obscene or sexually related. No profanity or obvious substitutions. Period.
(5) NorthEscambia.com reserves the right to remove any comments that violate our rules or we think to be inappropriate. We are not responsible for what is posted. Comments may not appear right away until they are approved by a moderator.
(6) Limit your comments to the subject in this story only, and limit comments to 300 words or less. Do not post copyrighted material. Comments will not be added to stories that are over 30 days old.
(7) No posts may advertise a commercial business or political group, or link to another commercial web site or political site of any kind.
This article was originally published at the “Article” source noted above and distributed by The Tutu Project for informational purposes only.
Our team is comprised of Bob and Linda Carey, our advisors and volunteers. Without them, changing lives one smile at a time would never be possible!